If you’ve been researching new Xfinity internet services, then there's no doubt that you need routers compatible with Xfinity. At first glance $13/mo.* might not seem like much when compared to other fees found in monthly bills; however, these small amounts can quickly add up if they're not eliminated promptly! One way for customers like yourself who want more control over their expenses--and lower rates on future bills! is by investing wisely with either router/gateway devices (or both). You can consider Xfinity Internet Deals before choosing the best internet plans that are best for you.
How do we choose the best routers for Xfinity?
To make your life easier, we’ve rounded up five of the best Xfinity-compatible routers. These are some key criteria that went into our selection process: supported speeds; price range ($50-$150); value for money given how long they should last based on reviews from customers who purchased Xfinity compatible modems (the average customer rating is 4 stars). Here's what you need to know before buying one!
Our Routers Compatible with Xfinity Suggestions:
- Best budget 2-in-1 modem and router: Motorola MG7540
- Best budget router: TP-Link Archer A8
- Best performing 2-in-1 modem and router: Motorola MG7700
- Best value mesh system: TP-Link Deco S4
- Best 2-in-1 modem and router for Xfinity Gigabit Pro plan: ARRIS Surfboard SBG8300
Best budget Xfinity Modem Router Combo: Motorola MG7540
If you need a modem and router for your home internet use, the Motorola MG7540 is an affordably priced option that comes with a two-year warranty from the company. It’s easy to set up as well which will save time in getting things done quickly! However, some people might find this product too pricey because they only have Xfinity plans below the 300 Mbps speed limit but there's no harm in buying since it includes everything needed out of the box including the installation guide so all worries about needing extra equipment should be gone once unboxed. So, you can consider the best modem and router as your next Xfinity modem.
Customers on Amazon love this modem and router combination! The installation process is easy, its sleek design will save you space in your home or office.
Best budget standalone router: TP-Link Archer A8
This TP-Link Archer A8 would be perfect for those who have plans under 600 Mbps download speeds! It's best suited to use with the Xfinity Blast plan. Some customers do complain about its older standard of Wi-Fi 5, but when you look at how fast these routers go it really doesn't matter much in this day and age does it?
The TP-Link Archer A8 gets an average rating of 4.5 stars from customers and it's no surprise why - this wireless bridge is easy to install,and offers great value for money with its dual band WiFi signal strength that can reach up 20 feet away from your router in all directions!
Best performing 2-in-1 modem and router: Motorola MG7700
The MG7700 is a great investment for anyone who wants the fastest internet speeds possible. It offers up to 800Mbps of data transfer and can handle multiple devices at once, making it perfect even if you have an entire family online! This device also has Wi-Fi Direct technology which means your phone doesn't need separate network connectivity-just one connection will do (and that's not all!). The price may seem steep but when considering how much room this takes away from other things in our homes, we're willing to spend on something as important.
With a 4.3-star rating from 10,000+ global ratings and an Amazon bestseller status as well - it seems that Motorola's 2-in-1 Modem & Router are quite popular among their customers so far! Some people did say they experienced some problems with the Wi-Fi range on this particular model though but overall, most buyers seem happy enough after buying one themselves.
Best value mesh router: TP-Link Deco S4
Mesh systems are a great way to provide coverage of up your home. The TP-Link Deco S4 offers 5,500 sq ft at an affordable price with the option for an increased range available through additional units purchased individually or as part one’s system upgrade!
For those who are looking for a Wi-Fi camera that has great reviews but isn’t too expensive, the TP-Link Deco S4 should be at top of your list. It currently holds an average rating of 4 stars and features easy setup processes with no issues reported by customers so far!
Best 2-in-1 modem and router for the Gigabit Pro plan: ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300
The ARRIS Surfboard SBG8300 is a perfect choice for those who want to take advantage of Xfinity’s Gigabit Pro Plan. This 2-in1 modem and router combo can support up to 3,000 Mbps download speeds which makes it one of our few Comcast-compatible options on this list! It also has approval from the provider's current generation internet plans - so you don't need any other special equipment or know-how when installing them in your home today.
The ARRIS Surfboard SBG8300 is a popular choice among Amazon customers, with an average rating of 4.3 stars from 2k+ reviews but there are also several complaints about dropped signals and general connectivity.
Should you rent or purchase your Xfinity equipment?
Whether you're looking to cut back on your annual internet bill or not, buying a modem and router from third-party manufacturers can be the perfect option. Third-party hardware doesn't come with all of Xfinity's additional features like remote access software so it may not have everything someone needs but they are often cheaper than renting!
Rental vs. purchase of Xfinity equipment
Equipment rental pros
- Xfinity customer support
- Guaranteed software updates
- Easy to return equipment
- Guaranteed speed and plan compatibility
- Xfinity repair service included
Equipment rental cons
- Monthly rental payments
- Payments are thrown away on usage
Equipment purchases pros
- One-time charge
- Long-term investment in equipment
- Lower annual internet bill
- Choose the equipment you want
Equipment purchases cons
- Repair and equipment upgrades are your responsibility
- Limited customer support after the warranty expires or the device ages
What to look for in Routers compatible with Xfinity?
Whether you're looking for your own equipment or want to upgrade the service on an old home, there are a few features that will ensure rock-solid performance with Xfinity Internet.
- DOCSIS Technology: DOCSIS is a technology that has been around for many years, and it still remains one of the most popular ways to transfer data over cable TV. It started as 1.0, but now there are also versions 2., 3 & 4!
- Maximum speed capability: The faster your internet connection, the better! Xfinity Gigabit Pro plan offers speeds up to 1000 Mbps. Just make sure you have a modem capable of handling these high-bandwidth needs and then enjoy an HDTV Whitespace experience like never before with our fastest available speed - Forget about buffering commercials corralling through video playback at low resolution. You’ll be able to stream everything in crystal clear detail without any lag time whatsoever.
- Channel bonding: The more channels your modem has, the faster it can download data. The NETGEAR C7000 – 1AZNAS has 32x8 bonding which means that by downloading a movie or document on Xfinity’s fastest speeds you won't experience any lag time!
- Security: Make sure you secure your home network with the latest encryption technology. Without it, any device in possession of passwords can be compromised and pose as an entryway to all kinds of information on interconnected devices within our homes - including personal photos or messages that may put vital assets at risk!
- App-based management: The router of today is smarter than ever! With apps that can simplify the setup and managing of your network, you will never be out of the loop with what's happening on home Wifi again. Now when it comes time for software updates or anything else regarding their functionality; they're always right at hand thanks to these handy devices.
Need a faster internet plan?
Xfinity fastest plan can support download speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps. If you're looking for something faster than it's worth checking out our internet service provider which will let compare their service options in your area and see who has the best deal!
The bottom line
Xfinity provides a great service, but if you want the best speeds and security for your home network then it’s worth investing in some new equipment. Buying modems or routers can cost more than renting at first - usually because they come with longer leases- however, over time this will be worth it as opposed to paying monthly fees on top of what we already pay each month just for internet access!
Call on (844) 345-0888 to choose the best Routers with Xfinity now!